Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's my last week???

A funny thing happens when you’re enjoying every single day…time flies! I looked at the calendar to plan my week and realized that I only have 1 week left of this amazing journey I’ve been on. It’s hard to believe my time in Ireland is coming to an end, after months of anticipation and planning. Everything about this trip, the people, the work, the scenery, has exceeded my expectations in the best possible way. It’s strange to think that just a few weeks ago, this city was unfamiliar, and this trip was just a date on my calendar. In a short time, this place has begun to feel like home – with friends, work and a routine that has become as comfortable and familiar as my life at home. I don’t want it to sound like my experience has become mundane by saying I have a comfortable routine. I just have settled into the country in a way that I didn’t expect to. I expected to feel like a tourist the entire time, but after learning how to navigate my way around, make new friends and get down to work, I feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment